We are the UK’s leading online marketplace for homeowners to find tradesmen. Since our launch in 2005, we have seen more than 4 million jobs posted and have accumulated more than 600,000 community ratings. Our platform is home to circa 55,000 tradesmen.
Here at Rated People, we are passionate about delivering the best possible experience to our customers and believe working with us should be easy. One of the teams that makes this happen is our QA Development team.
You will be part of an Agile team working closely with Developers, Product Owner, Designers and Delivery Managers to stamp a mark of quality right from the early project lifecycle to production deployment.
You will be responsible for producing test documentation using BDD tools, manual web testing and creating QA automated tests. You will see good practice in use such as BDD, TDD, Spec by Examples etc., giving you an opportunity to lead and manage the industry best practices.
In your day-to-day you'll be in the thick of continuous delivery. You will have the responsibility of evaluating functional and non-functional requirements or specs for testability and suitability for automation. You will be drafting product specs with the team using Spec by Example and basis for automation. Your personal skill and expertise will help ensure you actively participate in supporting various Test team activities such test management, reporting, test data generation and defect management.
- Act as a gatekeeper to all the deliverables and provide valuable QA input in timely fashion
- Run spec by examples session to produce specs which form basis (BDD) for test automation
- Validate and participate in finalizing acceptance criteria on Agile stories
- Carry out manual web tests first to test functionality, rendering, responsiveness and adaptiveness of web UI on multiple browsers and devices across multiple projects
- Write functional front-end automated tests ideally using Selenium/Capybara with Cucumber
- Write automated tests for web APIs
- Write web performance tests and produce test reports
- Raise descriptive and useful bug reports and prioritizing bugs during daily stand-ups and planning meetings
- Support and mentor junior testers in the setting up and configuration of QA manual or automated QA environments and CI test run jobs
- Support and mentor junior testers in producing automated tests
- Maintain existing automated test suites and test jobs on Bamboo for multiple projects
- Actively support Agile development methods and best practices
To be successful in this role these are the key skills required:
- Minimum of 5 years of Software Testing experience within a full lifecycle software engineering environment
- 3-4 years of solid of web automation experience, ideally with Ruby as language
- Experience of test planning, test execution and maintenance of automated test suites.
- Hands on experience of manual web testing including responsiveness, cross browser, accessibility and web analytics
- Solid BDD experience, ideally with Cucumber
- Experience of using SCM, ideally GIT
- Experience of setting up and maintaining CI test run jobs, ideally on Bamboo
- Hands on experience of Selenium-Webdriver/Capybara/Watir for web automation
- Working knowledge of Rest APIs, XML, SQL, relational databases, HTTP, HTML and Linux based environments
- Experience of web API automation
- Experience of web performance testing using any tool
WHAT WE OFFER
Our bright, open plan office has spectacular views over central London and offers an environment perfect for creativity, fun and sharing ideas. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Bike scheme
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel loans
- Direct pension contributions - 3% of base salary (with a minimum employee matched contribution of 3%) after completion of probation period
- Fresh fruit, coffee and tea and food cupboard