We’re the UK’s leading online marketplace connecting homeowners with over 50,000 local tradespeople nationwide. Our goal is to take the stress out of home improvements for both homeowners and tradespeople.
Since our launch in 2005, we’ve seen more than 4 million home improvement jobs posted by homeowners and have accumulated more than 750,000 tradespeople reviews.
We’re passionate about delivering the best possible experience for our customers and believe working with us should be easy. One of the teams that makes this happen is our Product team.
This role sits within the Product Team and will be responsible for managing the UX & Design Team of three.
Your strong experience in user-centred design will balance business goals and constraints encouraging the team to pragmatically deliver the best user experience possible, pushing the boundaries of creativity across responsive web and native apps. You will plan deliverables across the three product streams, gathering requirements for each project and prioritising accordingly.
You will encourage the highest standards of user research, usability testing, interactions and visual designs across all projects. You will promote collaboration within the immediate team, the Product Team and the wider cross-functional team.
In this role, you will:
- Creating a UX and Design strategy in line with the product roadmap and business KPIs, whilst remaining hands on in all areas of UX and Design.
- Work closely with Product Owners to identify requirements, plan and prioritise across the three product streams.
- Facilitate cross-functional discussions on critical business questions by leading a range of discovery workshops including customised design sprints
- Collaboratively identify and solve problems by making effective design decisions based on user feedback and insights and ensure designs are built to specification.
- Oversee the gathering and synthesising of feedback from all areas of the business including customers, stakeholders, customer services and sales agents, product owners.
- Support the growth and management of the user panels to enable regular access to feedback, research, conversation and testing, both remotely and in house, to validate assumptions and design decisions.
- Lead the development, performance assessment, mentorship and training of team members.
- Support the presentation and influencing of UX and interface design decisions to various internal stakeholders including at the Senior Leadership Team meetings.
- Promote cross-department collaboration to ensure branding and visual identity remains consistent across all platforms including offline media channels promoting the use of shared libraries of design patterns and style-guides.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar UX and Design leadership role.
- A strong creative thinker and problem solver who enjoys leading a team and being hands on in an agile environment.
- An HCI, psychology or creative degree or equivalent commercial experience.
- A successful track record of leading and delivering projects across responsive web and native apps (iOS and Android).
- Strong UX and Design portfolio that demonstrates an excellent understanding of user experience and user interface principles and experience in relevant tools.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with key business stakeholders, always putting the user at the heart of decisions, conversations and pushing for best practice.
- Enthusiastic keep up with new technologies and continually updating knowledge and skills within the team.
- Preferable if you have a background or experience in an online marketplace.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our bright, open plan office has spectacular views over central London and offers an environment perfect for creativity, fun and sharing ideas. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits, including:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Bike scheme
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel loans
- Direct pension contributions - 3% of base salary (with a minimum employee matched contribution of 3%) after completion of probation period
- Fresh fruit, coffee and tea and food cupboard